Call for Submissions
2018 Annual Research Meeting
New This Year: To participate in AcademyHealth's conferences, you need to have an account with AcademyHealth. When you are ready to "Begin a Submission" below, you will first be asked to login or create an AcademyHealth account if you do not already have one. Once completed, please return to this page to begin your submission.
Instructions and Needed Information for Submitting a Presentation:
- Select the theme that best fits your abstract. You may use the theme areas of focus to help select the most appropriate theme.
- Enter your abstract title in title case. Do not end titles with a period.
- Enter the submitter's e-mail addresses where correspondence should be sent regarding the submission.
- Answer any additional questions specific to the call that you are submitting to.
- Type the lead presenter's name in the provided box.
- If the author is already in the system, you can select their pre-populated information or update the information from previous years.
- If the author is not already in the system, you will be prompted to create a new record.
- You must include information for all fields with a star.
- To add additional authors, click the 'add new author' button.
- You can edit the order of the co-authors by using the up and down arrows. The order they appear on the screen is the order they will be listed online.
- Only one author should be selected as the presenting author.
- Complete the conflict of interest information for all presenters and authors.
- Enter the disclosures for every author on the submission.
- The submitter is responsible for collecting the disclosure information from authors and including it in the submission.
- If accepted, the opportunity to review and update or correct the disclosure information will be provided.
- Please see the Sample Disclosure Form for exact language.
- Enter the text of your abstract (maximum 500 words).
- Do not remove the pre-populated headings. They do not count toward your word count.
- Do not include authors' names or references.
- You may include tables and special characters as desired.
- Review your submission.
- You may return to any step of the process by using the left hand navigation bar.
- You may print your submission at this point.
- Once your submission is complete, press the 'conclude submission button'.
- You may return to your submission to review or edit at any point before the January 11th, 2018 deadline using the provided ID and password.
- No names or titles should be included in the abstract text. Names will be automatically hidden during the abstract review process and will be automatically inserted and properly formatted upon publication.
- Presenting authors will be automatically informed of the unique ID numbers and passwords assigned to their abstracts. Abstracts may be viewed and modified at any time between submission and the deadline, using the assigned ID# and password.
- Instructions and Frequently Asked Questions are available to assist in your presentation.
For help in submitting an abstract online, Contact technical support.
A Sample Disclosure Form is also available for your reference.
Begin a submission to the following:
Already started a submission?
View, Resume, Edit or Withdraw a Paper or Poster:
If you have already submitted an abstract title, you may log in below using the abstract id number and password already provided to you:
View, Resume, Edit or Withdraw a Research Panel, Roundtable, or Emerging Issues in HSR Submission:
If you have already begun a submission, you may log in below using the presentation id number and password provided to you:
Forgotten ID and password?
We will email it to you.
- Annual Research Meeting(ARM) Abstract Submission Deadline: January 11, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. ET
- IG Pre-Conference Sessions Abstract Submission Deadline: January 11, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. ET
- Notifications for ARM and IG Pre-Conference Sessions Sent: Late March
- ARM Late-Breaking Abstract Submission Deadline: March 30, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. ET
For urgently needed technical support, phone +1 (401) 334-0220 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 6:00 PM Monday through Friday, US Eastern Standard Time (GMT -05:00).
For questions related to AcademyHealth, contact Tamara Infante at +1(202) 292-6704 or firstname.lastname@example.org.